Welcome to 2017.
Are you excited? Petrified? As wild as 2016 was, 2017 could be an even crazier ride. Somethings, LIKE GETTING MARRIED, I'm very excited about. Others? Cautiously optimistic... emphasis on cautiously.
But one area I'm excited about for sure is books!
There's going to be a lot happening in the world of books this year, and by "world" I mean myself. These things are happening for sure:
- Bart of Darkness: The Book of Bart - Verse 2 (May 23) - Yup! It's happening! All I can really tell you about it at the moment is Bart and Sam are both back. Quite the tease, amirite? LOLOLOLOLOLZER
- New branding - Everything from my website to swag to book covers is getting a face lift. All of it. The covers are going to look uniform, like they came from the same author. The website/author logo stuff will probably have a similar feel. I can't say for sure, because a new logo image hasn't been selected!
- A Book of Bart prequel starring Sam - This short story has been on the back burner entirely too long. I'm currently polishing it up, then unleashing it upon the world. It basically shows how Sam came to need Bart's help in Verse 1. This will most likely be a free download for anyone who joins my newsletter.
- Utopia Con 2017 - I'll be back in Nashville this year with my amazing fiancee for the latest iteration of Utopia Con, which features WARM BODIES author Isaac Marion as the featured speaker. Will I bring my copy of BODIES and it's sequel - coming soon - for him to sign? There's a fair chance.
- Oct. 29, 2017 - Save the date, cuz I'm gettin married!!!
These are the things I want to happen, or at least I'll start on them on 2017:
- Bart's Inferno: The Book of Bart - Verse 3 - Oh... oh my. Did I just reveal a third Bart book and it's title? I think I did.
- Another Bart short - I'd like to do one or two of these a year. We'll see how well that works out.
- A super secret collaboration with my fiancee - No, this isn't the wedding. Yes, that's super, but it's not a secret. No, we're not eloping. Yes, we are working on something together. And it's going to be pretty awesome. At least, I think so.
- Blog more - It's bound to happen at some point... right?
- Attend more book conferences - Money is the big obstacle here, but I hope to attend at least three this year.
- Read more - Because everybody says this.
- Lose weight - I need to. And because everyone says this.
That's it for me. Hope everyone has a great 2017!